Friday, August 21, 2015

Sydney- Paddy's Market and China Town #AustraliaTour2015


A short distance from my hostel is Paddy's market. The only way to describe this place is full of crap in the best way..

Selling anything from cheap designer knockoffs ( heaven ) to Australian tourist tokens to electric yapping toy dogs it's very fun to explore as it has a great vibrant atmosphere. Something I did not realise though is that people expect you to haggle down the price as you would in a less developed country for things such as handbags, watches etc. 

Next to Paddy's market is China town, which I luckily found by accident trying to find my way home.... 
It was very busy but still was great mainly due to the adorable crafty market stalls and gorgeous Chinese arcetecture.  It seemed surprisingly expensive for what it was, looking about $25 dollars for a main meal, however after a brief hunt I soon found a meal deal that fitted my backpacker budget. 😇

You can take the girl out of Asia but you can't take Asia out of the girl 😎

No comments:

Post a Comment