Monday, September 14, 2015

Surfari @ Crescent Head #AustraliaTour2015



Surfari is located at Crescent Head, a small town between Sydney and Byron Bay. This area is often described as 'Mother Natures Wonderland' for its large amount of wildlife, forest and beautiful beaches. It is small surf camp for a spectrum of novice to expert surfers where they can stay and visit a range of beaches for different levels of surfing. It is family run, and felt very homely and relaxed, which was a nice change from the normal hectic days travelling. 

In all honesty this was the one part of my Australia tour that I was dreading, for the simple reason that I can't surf. Not even a little bit. Im not exaggerating - Whenever I try I get compared to Bambi at the beginning of the movie. For my fellow travellers surfing turned into a little bit of a competition, who could stand up and then who could stand up for the longest, for me surfing was simply a humorous activity where I had to leave my pride in a small box in my suitcase. 

After 2 hours attempting to surf and having great fun the surf lesson was over. Out of a group of 10 only I didn't stand up - and it was all of our first times. However I did manage to get some great photos and the willpower to try it again. I would recommend Surfari , as it is a great environment to try out a board for the first time and take part in the notorious Aussie surfing lifestyle. 



http://www.surfaris.com

No comments:

Post a Comment