Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Fang Valley - Thailand

The Fang Valley is a remote area of Northern Thailand that borders onto Burma/ Myanmar.


It is possibly the most rural area I have ever visited, and is pretty much untouched by tourists. The main purpose for my visit was to study the Mae Kok river for my Geography coursework, as the river has remained on its natural course, however I also very much enjoyed the hiking trails, gigantic Thai statues/ temples and the brilliant authentic local Thai food. Despite the lack of tourists I also found that the locals spoke little, but enough English to communicate and were very friendly.
Although by far it is not the most exciting place in Thailand to visit, I would recommend if you are looking to explore real life Thailand, away from the facade placed for the Tourists in other more famous destinations such as Bangkok or Phuket.





No comments:

Post a Comment