Friday, August 21, 2015

Sydney- Arriving , Backpackers hostel, The Opera House and TheBotanical Gardens #AustraliaTour2015


After  arriving  in Sydney international airport I quickly bought myself a cheap Vodaphone Australian SIM card ( 3GB for $30 ) and headed to my backpacker lodge via the airport train.

I decided to stay at the YHA Central hostel in Sydney, which is a hostel for a veriety of people- most of which are relatively young and either backpacking, surfing or looking for work in Australia. I had high hopes for this hostel, mainly due to its good reputation as it is a chain that can be found all over Australia and other parts of the world. 

Not wasting any time I, extremely exhausted,  jetlagged, and exited, decided to explore the city. The great thing about my hostel is that it is only about 100m to the central station, which has buses, trains and trams that go all over Sydney and even the rest of Australia. Deciding on the tram ( because we don't have them back home and I thought they where speedy ) I slowly travelled towards the harbour to see the opera house. This was really fun to see however I didn't really see much to do aside from the Opera bar .... Honestly after the luxurious experience of the budget airline a bar with a stunning view didn't take much convincing ...

After I explored the botanic gardens, ( which is just behind the opera house ) which was really nice to walk through as it is on the edge of the water looking over to the other side of the Sydney bridge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment